Blurb Verse

"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans 5:3-5
Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 30, 2012

Lord Today

Ever felt like you want to be someone else, just to remember what it was like to be fibro-free, just to be able to actually tick some things off your list of tasks for a change?

Here's something I wrote a couple of months ago on a day just like that.
Lord, today

Lord, today, could I be somebody else?
Could I leave all this hurt & struggle for behind me?
Lord, could I let go of all that keeps me down
And leave the shackles on the floor where they belong?

Lord, today, could I walk just like the others do?
Today, can I breathe without the tears come crashing down
& reminding me that I'm not free?
All alone to pick all the pieces up.

Lord, today, could I dance & sing praises out to you?
Could I read your Word and think it through?
Could I learn something about you and actually remember it
& be free of this foggy, misty prison cell?

Lord, today, could I spend it with all the ones I love?
Could I be part of the conversation fun?
Could I encourage & spur others on
Without my whole world come crashing down?

Lord, today, could others see the pain that I am in?
Could they love & comfort me just where I am?
Could they sit with me in the darkness
And just hold my hand?

Lord, today, could I serve you like I always could?
Could I go where your work is being done?
Could I share my faith without falling apart
'Coz my brain can't find words to describe who you are?

Lord, today, could my body behave as you made it to be?
Could my brain stop sending me into constant panic?
Could I eat without feeling nauseated
And regretting each bite in the past?

Lord, today, could you stop all the voices calling in my head
Telling me that I'm all alone & out of Your hand
Stripping me of any chance
Of joy or of peace?

Lord, today, could someone in the world know who I am
Who I'd be if in this prison I wasn't placed in to be
Would anyone be able to recognise me
If in heaven, we were to cross paths?

Lord, today, could you help me find a hobby or a task
That wouldn't hurt like I was eating glass
That I could do without tears or fears
And actually find enjoyment at last?

Lord, today, could you touch my eyes so that they are new?
Could you take this light sensitivity away with you?
Could I walk happily in the light once more
Without being punished & forced to be alone?

Lord, today, just for today, could I be somebody else?


(c) 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment