Blurb Verse

"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans 5:3-5
Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, April 20, 2012

I dream.......

Today, I want to share with you something quite personal. To give you a bit of background, I wrote this when I had just started back at work (part-time), my health was still really difficult & I was feeling totally overwhelmed by everyone's expectations of me to be fine just because I looked it & of course, their resulting disappointing looks when I couldn't run with them to catch the train or climb up the stairs instead of the escalator.
God encouraged me during this time, to remember that this world is not perfect. In fact, it is not even good. Like Paul says, we as Christians, along with all creation, are groaning with expectation for the new world, the new heavens and the new earth God has made for his people.

Hope this encourages you,as you groan with expectation for God's world, to keep hoping & to keep your hope in God.

I dream (c) 2012
I dream of a new world,
A place far better than this;
Somewhere with no pain.
I dream of an age with sun
That doesn't blind,
And light that doesn't burn
A morning that gives birth to life, not agony
A day that doesn't strip
A year's worth of life from each.

I dream of a time when people look at me
And see who I am, not just how I look;
A place that accepts just me
Not my lists of dones & yet-do's,
Where people stop looking enough to see
the tears in my heart,
And the broken pieces in my hand.

I dream of an age when the weak & poor are no more,
When man considers each other as brothers, not strangers
When love lasts and endures
And a reaching hand finds a lasting heart.

I dream of a world where war is behind us,
Where fear & hate are not our sole dictators,
Where pride can only be read of in books
And natural disasters are buried with the dinosaurs.

I dream of a place that speaks
And revels in pure joy;
One with smiles & laughter
Ear to ear.
I dream of passion & zeal
Directed at the true maker
Where faith is applauded instead of ridiculed
And hearts are bound to sleeves.

I dream of a world where thoughts are shared,
Over more than social media or blogs;
Where each listen more than speaks,
One where rights are not more costly than Armani
I dream of perfection, not in deed but heart.

You may think I'm silly
A fool clinging to worthless ideas.
My world doesn't exist yet
No matter how hard I try.
You can scoff
Say that I'll be alone forever
That may be true
But I can still dream
And one day my dreams will come true
That is a promise, from me to you.

Till then, I wish to sleep.
If only, just to dream.

"But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have?" Romans 8:24b

5 comments:

  1. Such power in your words friend. Much wisdom as well. Thank you for sharing :)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you are well, sister! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! You are an amazing writer... I, too, find great strength in writing. It is a healing process, isn't it? I understand and dream with you. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely compliment, friend. I'm so grateful to God for creativity and for words to express the pain we are in & to start the healing process. Looking forward to that day when both our dreams come true. :)

      Delete
  3. As a sign of gratitude for how my son was saved from fibromyalgia , i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My son suffered fibromyalgia in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always complain of joint stiffness, and he always have difficulty falling asleep . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the cure to fibromyalgia . I never imagined fibromyalgia has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my son will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my son used it and in one months time he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. fibromyalgia has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony.

    ReplyDelete