Blurb Verse

"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans 5:3-5
Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Find Comfort in God

I found this beautiful hymn that is written as a source of comfort to those who suffer. The author is unknown. But it is clear from the words that he/she has suffered greatly but that God is their source & foundation! May He be yours too..

How Firm a Foundation

How firm a foundation, you saints of the Lord,
is laid for your faith in his excellent Word!
What more can he say than to you he has said,
to you for refuge to Jesus have fled.

"Fear not, I am with you, O be not dismayed;
for am I your God and will still give you aid;
I'll strengthen you, help you and cause you to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand."

"When through the deep waters I call you to go,
the rivers of sorrow shall not overflow
for I will be with you, your troubles to bless,
and sanctify to you your deepest distress."

"When through fiery trials your pathway shall lie,
my grace, all sufficient, shall be your supply;
the flame shall not hurt you; I only design
your dross to consume and your gold to refine."

"E'en down to old age all my people shall prove
my sovereign, eternal, unchangeable love;
and when hoary hairs shall their temples adorn
like lambs they shall still in my bosom be borne."

"The soul that on Jesus has leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to his foes;
that soul, though all hell should endeavour to shake,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake."

Source: "Suffering & the Sovereignty of God" 

If you'd like to know how to sing this hymn, click here to listen via YouTube (note: this version skips verse 5).

1 comment:

  1. As a sign of gratitude for how my son was saved from fibromyalgia , i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My son suffered fibromyalgia in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always complain of joint stiffness, and he always have difficulty falling asleep . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the cure to fibromyalgia . I never imagined fibromyalgia has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my son will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my son used it and in one months time he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. fibromyalgia has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony.

    ReplyDelete