Blurb Verse

"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans 5:3-5
Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, June 29, 2012

10 things I'm really looking forward to in Sri Lanka

So, I'm going to Sri Lanka this weekend for one of my best friend's wedding. I've been waiting and longing for this day to come for months. And though it will have a big unimaginable impact on my pain and fatigue levels, I'm really looking forward to it & here's my top 10 reasons why:

10. Some warm weather (just for a change really, even though most probably the humidity will make my pain worse)

9. My gran's cooking - nothing like some good ol' fashioned Lankan cooking - Kiribath, Fish Curry, Brinjal... yum, yum, yum!

8. Travelling alone (this may sound like a weird one as travelling alone is usually more stressful, particularly since carrying my own suitcases will cause me unimaginable pain, but I'm looking forward to being alone for atleast 8 hours straight; 8 hours where I'm not forced to pretend to be ok to stop hurting others feelings; 8 hours where I can blubber when I feel like it and not have the world judge me; 8 hours with no expectations)

7. The elephant orphanage in Pinnewala - I visited this when I was younger and the elephants were so cute!
I absolutely loved it especially their bath time and watching the adorable baby elephants.

6. Giving gifts - Nothing like feeling like Saint Nick for a day, but also it's a good opportunity for me to feel like I am showing that I care and love my friends and family even though I can't spend a lot of time with them because of my fibro.

Half way there.....

5. Seeing my cousins - In all the world, my cousins remind me most of my mum. They are the most loving, caring people you could ever meet and I count each day as a blessing that I get to spend with them.

4. Frien-unions! I get this awesome opportunity to see my friends and best friends whom I haven't seen in 6 years! I'm so excited that I have been telling everyone I can that this will be the highlight of my trip. I feel so lucky and blessed!

3. The fact that I get to be there for my bestie's wedding! I'm so excited that I get to share this wonderful day with her.

2. My other random bestie's sense of humour... She could make a dead chicken laugh. She makes me smile even on my darkest days and let's face it; we all need a friend like that!

And drum roll, please....................

The number 1 thing I am looking forward to is:


1. Being seen & being loved. For the first time in 6 years, I am going to be surrounded by people who knew and loved me, the me I used to be before Fibro took over; People who see the fibro me but also remember who I am on the inside; People who love me despite the zillion ways I fail. Above all, people who can see my heart and soul.

Catch you all once I'm back... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment