Blurb Verse

"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans 5:3-5
Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 30, 2012

My April-Lutions!

We're nearly four months into the year and the time has come to take those New Year's Resolutions off that dusty counter and reassess the progress made so far.

Here's mine:

1. Start doing yoga 
Yup, I have started doing yoga & been going semi-regularly for the past three months. I've even started practising at home when I haven't had the energy to go to my yoga class. 

2. Write one letter a month to my sponsor children
On this one, I must admit I have failed abysmally. Not one letter written yet. 

3. Write atleast one letter to each of my best friend's overseas
This one I've done. I must admit, there's something wonderfully exciting about receiving a long letter via post from a friend. It is definitely a more intimate form of communication than email or facebook. Plus, they last forever and can be saved in a special box! 

4. Start getting involved in church & serving
Towards the end of last year, due to a variety of circumstances including unimaginable agony from my health, I was forced to withdraw from serving. I'm pleased to report that I have started serving where I can. It's still a slow process and I'm learning that I cannot fail to honour my body and where it's at but I'm enjoying a nice balance of serving and being served in the meantime. 

5. Finish atleast one cross-stitch and one crochet project
I haven't yet done this one, but I'm pleased to report that my cross-stitch project is about 78% complete, so I'm definitely on track for finishing that one. My crochet, on the other hand, is at a total stand-still. I'm finding that to be a considerably painful activity for me these days so I might have to concede defeat in achieving that part of it. 

6. Spend some time with God each day, reading His word and praying. 
This one has always been a tough one for me. I'd be lying it I didn't say that this has been on my list for many years, especially more so since I'm been struggling with fibromyalgia. But I've modified this one a little to include the words, "proportionate to health levels for the day". I'm doing okay on this. I'm still not good at remembering to do this everyday but I'm definitely getting there. A good motivator is that I am growing in my understanding of God and getting to know Him better with each day, so I think that will keep me going for the rest of 2012. 

Wow, on balance, I'm not doing too bad. I've still got a lot of work to do in a few areas but I think I'm on track to achieving my resolutions in 2012. 

How about you? How are your New Year's resolutions looking? 

No comments:

Post a Comment