Blurb Verse

"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans 5:3-5
Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 9, 2012

An Easter Poem

My Lord, I did not choose You
John 15:16
Josiah Conder (1789-1855)


My Lord, I did not choose you
For that could never be;
My heart would still refuse you
Had you not chosen me.

You took the sin that stained me,
You cleansed me, made me new,
For you, Lord, had ordained me,
that I should live in You.

Unless your grace had called me
and taught my opening mind,
the world would have enthralled me
to heavenly glories blind.

My heart knows none above You,
for You I long, I thirst
and know that, if I love You,
Lord, You have loved me first.

No comments:

Post a Comment