Blurb Verse

"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans 5:3-5
Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, March 12, 2012

Ain’t Nothing Gonna Keep Me From You

“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39

This week I have suffered more chronic pain than I have ever had to endure in such a short space of time. I’ve had to wrestle with questions such as: What do I do when the medications don’t work anymore? Is God still here with me even though I’m too miserable to feel / hear Him? And when, in the world, will this end??
In times of difficulty & hardship, particularly when circumstances spin rapidly out of our control, it’s really easy to feel like God’s left the building or that we somehow blew it, & God’s taken his salvation elsewhere.
Paul knew and experienced real suffering and persecution. Even as he faced each day with the certainty of more opposition & violence, he was confident, convinced that he remained in Christ and Christ in Him.

Today, God has challenged me to remember that: Not even persistent, undetectable, unbearable pain can separate me from God’s love for me in Christ. I am in Christ and He is in Me.

Whatever challenges you are going through today and into the future, know that this is still as true as it was the day it was written – Nothing can separate you from God’s love. What an amazing reminder of God’s truth. Praise God!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment