Blurb Verse

"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans 5:3-5
Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, January 10, 2013

I remember....

Let me tell you about something that seems to be helping me get through this pain..

For a while, I've been fascinated with memory foam.. it seems to be popular, but does it really work?

If you haven't heard of it before, memory foam is supposed to remember the position of your head and body and thus conform to it. It also has the added bonus of reduced muscular pains and keeps your body cool so that you can avoid those pesky night sweats..

I've used it for two nights so far and already I can notice the difference.. Especially for a person suffering with fibro, who spends most of the day in bed, it actually helps. How, you ask?

- While I sleep, the pillows keep my head aligned. My previous pillows were too high resulting in intense neck and head pain each morning
- While I sit, it cushions my bum & my legs, thus reducing sores
- It eases my muscles so that I can get out of bed easier

It really helps! And don't worry, once you get up, the foam goes back to normal. Thus, even if you move around in the night, it will conform to your new position each time.

It can be quite pricey - I bought my set off CatchoftheDay for $100. Money well spent!
The only downside now, is that I am resting better and therefore, just can't seem to get up!

No comments:

Post a Comment